shares her tips to create the Moon Shadow
WINGED EYELINER, FOREVER A MAKEUP TECHNIQUE I AM ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO CREATE – THE PROCESS IS SIMPLE, YOU ONLY NEED 3 THINGS, IT JUST TAKES PRACTICE!
2. Keep your eyes open while trying to create a flicked end of the liner, that way you can see exactly where you are going – then once you have mapped out the shape you can close your eye as above and paint over the liner to clarify.
3. To get the flick, stamp a light line with the angle brush from the outer corner upwards and outwards in an approximate 45degree angle
4. Then add another light stamp of black connecting the end back into the Lash line – you end up with an open triangle shape.
5. Now go ahead and paint over the mapped out shape, applying the colour slowly and smoothly.
GLOWING LUNAR SKIN
1. Prep is everything when you want your skin to be the focus – don’t rush it, treat skincare with the same respect as you would adding your liner!
2. Drench your skin in Fix+ Spray. This super hydrating mist can really change the texture of your skin. Massage in to get rid of any dry areas and flaky skin. Keep spritzing and massaging with your hands to get the skin shining!
3. For this “lunar glow” effect, apply an illuminating moisturiser all over your skin for an even shine, then add some more over the high points of your face (cheekbones, down the bridge of the nose, the bow of the lip and the brow bones to enhance your bone structure.
4. Using a Liquid Foundation with a natural matte finish, brush into the areas where you need coverage starting through the centre of your face and working outwards in circular motions. Try to avoid the areas you highlighted earlier – best to leave them uncovered for a more radiant look.
5. Pat a light weight mattifying powder through the T-zone of the face with a small powder brush to control shine.
6. Give your skin a final coat of highlight to really get you glowing. You can add another slick of Strobe cream if you love a cream feeling to your skin, or you can brush on a powder illuminator to give you a multi-dimensional shine that won’t move!
7. Add a few layers of super black mascara top and bottom on curled lashes to make your eyes pop!
POP WATERMELON LIPSR
A FUN ACCESSORY TO GORGEOUSLY HIGHLIGHTED SKIN IS A DRAMATIC LIP! LIPSTICK REQUIRES THE LEAST AMOUNT OF SKILL AND CAN AMPLIFY YOUR FACE INSTANTLY!
2. With a heavy hand, apply a lip liner around the edges of your lips and then completely colour in. This will make the intensity of the lip colour much bolder and it will stay on longer.
3. Using the Lipstick straight from the tube – pucker up! Apply 2 or 3 layers of your matte lipstick, blotting with a tissue in between to increase longevity. Think of lipstick like nail polish – a few sheer layers will last longer than one thick coat of colour!
4. If you wish to make your bright matte mouth even brighter and more “editorial” – you can press a matte neon pigment over the top with your fingertips!
Adding a Metallic eye is a like adding the jewellery to your outfit! So simple and quick!
2. Highlight the inner corners your eyes with a highlighter concealer pen – this will brighten up the eyes and give dimension to your look. Tap the product in with your pinky finger and blend away to the edges.
3. Use a small fluffy shadow brush to press the colour onto the inner corners of the eyes and then use the same brush to tap and slowly spread out the colour up and onto the eyelids. If you are using a Loose powder pigment, your fingertips are the easiest application device! Keep applying shadow until you teach the desired intensity – knowing that it is easier to keep adding than it is to remove!
4. Use a larger fluffier brush with nothing on it to soften the edges of the metallic – like a little eraser!
5. Keep your look on trend with super chunky lashes. CURL CURL CURL first and then layer up your favourite black mascara! Easy as that!
Back to Style Week 2017 >
Book Your Stylist Appointment >
Meet The Stylists >
View Style Week In Store >
Read MAC Makeup Guide >
Meet Alisha Rich VM >
Shop Style Week >
Discover How Fashion & Music Collide >